How to Make the most of Startup Grind
Your network influences your networth.
StartUp Grind is a global startup community for entrepreneurs that hosts monthly events in 200 cities and 85 countries. This month, there would be an end of the year party to celebrate entrepreneurs in Lagos. How do you take advantage of this event to improve your business?
We started this article telling you that your network = Money if you know how to use it. StartUp Grind is a perfect place to expand that network and improve your income.
- SAY Hello and Smile: Walk up to someone and just say hello or hi and flash a genuine smile. That right there can spark a conversation.
- GIVE A COMPLIMENT: Find something about someone that you like or find interesting and say it to them. It is a great way to start a conversation.
- Come with your card or something to sell your business: you may not have enough time to talk with someone, but you could offer your card to help them contact you. Your card may not have much impact if you don’t make an impression worth contacting you for.
- OFFER value and ask questions: Don’t think to “take” from people. Look to give. Offer value. Offer information, advice, share knowledge and services. Have something to give. Eventually, it will come in handy. People will trust you more and be willing to patronize your business. Give them a tip of the iceberg.
- BE memorable: Let your personality shine and own it. Ask intelligent questions. If you’re funny, crack jokes. Whatever you’re good at, let it show and people will remember you. Take as many pictures as you can and photo bomb too. Optics is key in business.
Finally the one commandment of Startup Grind Lagos is Thou Shalt Leave your Shyness at the door.
November 15, 2017
September 13, 2017
September 08, 2017