Ep2: Are Free Services Complusory for Budding Entrepreneurs? Lemi Ghariokwu Speaks
The theme for this episode is based on the subject ‘Are free services compulsory for Budding Entrepreneurs?‘
Lemi believes that one can offer free services as a startup, this will help you establish a relationship and help spread your services/goods via word of mouth. He also believes that each entrepreneur should design a pricing strategy that will cater to a broad section of your customers.
As usual, we debated the ‘free service’ issue in the studio and settled with the following:
- You do not need to always give your products/services away for free all the time. Technology has made it easy to showcase your works e.g Social Media.
- Not all industries require that a startup give out free service(s).
- When you constantly give away your goods/services for free, you lessen the value of what you sell.
- Your time is your most valuable resource and it becomes wasted every time you offer your goods and services for free.
- If people don’t value your services it will affect your pricing. Learn to brand and sell yourself, make people see your value. People negotiate based on perceived value.
Your Certificate is not the paper you get from school, it's the results you can deliverLemi Ghariokwu King of Covers
If You Enjoyed the Show
You can subscribe to The Afropreneur Podcast on iTunes. Please also leave an honest review on iTunes . If you want to hear more news from The Afropreneur Podcast including and beyond the podcasts, join the enewsletter mailing list.
Sharing is Caring 🙂
September 02, 2018
August 23, 2018