Ep16: Freelancing, Conversation with Eromo Egbejule
A lot of people want to become freelancers because they don’t want to be bogged by the regular 9-5 cycle but they fail to realize that freelancing isn’t easy, you can’t just sit at home and expect work to come to you.
Freelancing doesn’t start when you quit your job, it starts immediately you decide to be a freelancer.
Initially freelancing can be very challenging and would require all the resolve you’ve got.
We spoke to Eromo Egbejule on his life as a freelancer and all you require to be a successful freelancer.
Below are points taken from the podcast:
- Work and build your personal brand! You are your brand.
- Don’t be afraid to contact everyone. Literally everyone!
- Plan, plan, plan. Do not undervalue the time taken to plan
- Take note of your competition, do better than them.
- Build a memorable brand because whether you agree or not, you are an entrepreneur and it is your strong brand that will improve your reputation and your quality.
Listen to our discussion below:
Ask Ask Ask, but prepare, because Preparation meets OpportunityEromo Egbejule Journalist and Writer
If You Enjoyed the Show
You can subscribe to The Afropreneur Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher. Please also leave an honest review on iTunes and Stitcher. If you want to hear more news from The Afropreneur Podcast including and beyond the podcasts, join the enewsletter mailing list.
Sharing is Caring 🙂
June 21, 2017
June 15, 2017
June 06, 2017