Ep29: Leadership, Driving Africa’s growth, Conversation with Olatorera Oniru
Dear African Entrepreneur,
We often make the mistake of attributing all that’s wrong in our continent to our leaders forgetting that each and every one of us, and not just the leaders, hold the key to Africa’s development. Leadership is everyone’s business and responsibility.
We caught up with the inspiring Olatorera Oniru, who is the CEO of Dressmeoutlet.com. Dressmeoutlet.com is one of Africa’s fastest growing, fashion-focused, quality-focused and customer-centric online retailers. You can read all about her here. She shared her thoughts on Leadership and the role of entrepreneurs in it
Here a key points from our conversation:
- Run the country like your business because it is our business
- Talk about problems not as complaints but to find opportunities and solutions
- Inspire members of your family to emulate your attitude of accountability and integrity
- Support other entrepreneurs to grow their business as the growth of our businesses have effect on the economy of our countries.
- It starts in the little things like staying organized, respecting queues and people’s time, respecting each other etc.
- Don’t give up on the country. We are entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs never give up till they see the results they expect
Listen to our conversation below:
If You Enjoyed the Show
You can subscribe to The Afropreneur Podcast on iTunes and Stitcher. Please also leave an honest review on iTunes and Stitcher. If you want to hear more news from The Afropreneur Podcast including and beyond the podcasts, join the enewsletter mailing list.
Sharing is Caring 🙂
August 15, 2017
Ep43: The importance of rest to entrepreneurs, Conversation with Chiamaka Obuekwe (Social Prefect Tours)
August 07, 2017
July 31, 2017