There is so much buzz about Lion Heart – the first Netflix original film produced in Nigeria, and directed by Nollywood actress, Genevieve Nnaji. While the movie was such a breadth of fresh air, we decided to pick business lessons from it (just like we did with Game of Thrones).
Here are some lessons we learned from Lion Heart:
- Collaboration! it is better to own a bit of something then all of nothing
- Learn to harness the power of negotiation
- Don’t run your business in isolation, institute a corporate governance structure for your business.
- Have a succession plan, train your staff!
- Be open to learning, and building your credibility. See difficulties as opportunities to build credibility.
- Believe in yourself. When people don’t believe in you, don’t get angry and make enemies of them, revenge by being successful. Your work will speak for you.
- Don’t change the essence of your business (brand promise) even when faced with difficulties.
- Listen, listen, listen!! Listen to your customers, listen to your staff.
- A contract should not be considered sealed based on word of mouth or promises.
- Learn to pitch, and sell yourself convincingly.
- Get your hands dirty. Business goes beyond sitting in the office to do paperwork
- Be kind.
- You do not need accept all investments offered to you.
Listen to these and more in the audio below: